As your management and leadership experience increases, so do the challenges and responsibilities involved. While much can be learned ‘on the job,’ there are many tried-and-tested techniques that can support you as you progress through your career, and you can learn these through effective management training.
We help you understand the roles and responsibilities of a middle manager, looking at the differences between management and leadership and the behavioural skills that will make you an effective leader in a modern organisation.
This management programme is delivered over 4 days across a 1 month period. The remaining programme for 2015 will be delivered on:
- 2nd – 3rd September & 20th – 21st October
Is it right for me?
If you’re an experienced middle manager looking to build upon your existing management skills, the tools and knowledge learned on this course will help boost your success as a leader.
This programme builds upon the fundamentals of management. You’ll have the opportunity to complete an assessment for an ILM L5 Award in Management. We can also suggest a range of resources for further learning.
What will I get out of it?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify the role and responsibilities of a middle manager in helping the organisation achieve its goals
- Understand how interpersonal and communication skills contribute to a manager’s performance
- Assess your knowledge and skills and identify areas for personal development
- Develop a personal development plan
- Use techniques to create a culture of open and clear communication
- Appreciate different management/leadership styles and their effect on situations and individuals
- Understand the importance of a “personal brand”