The ability to influence others and manage conflict is a valuable business skill that can have a profoundly positive impact on your working life.
The first day of this two-day experiential programme focuses on tried-and-tested theories and powerful techniques. The second day provides you with the opportunity to put them into practice with a team of actors in a safe, relaxed and fun environment, where you’ll receive plenty of constructive feedback.
If you have at least two years’ management experience, welcome feedback on your style and approach, and enjoy different ways of doing things, this management training course will enhance your current ability.
By the end of the programme you’ll be able to:
Establishing your existing level of influence
• Identifying what you already have at your fingertips
Approaches for influencing others
• Choice of methods
• Strategically selecting the right blend of techniques
• The importance of attitude
Key skills for influencing
• Listening to gain real understanding
• Questioning for clarity
• Know yourself and build rapport
• Building relationships, trust and credibility
Influencing in groups
• Techniques for influencing at meetings
• How to gain support
• Identifying reasons for resistance
• Judging the right approach
• Techniques for giving bad news and handling conflict
Being more resourceful when dealing with issues
• Identifying a range of options to deal with the situation
• Understanding tricks played by your aggressor
• Dealing with your own emotions
• Identifying individual action plans following actor performance and personal role play
Ultra Electronics Sonar Systems
Apr 17, 2015
In business, change is inevitable, particularly in the fast-paced 21st-century commercial world we are all operating in. Technology is advancing exponentially, completion is tighter, and there’s ever-increasing push for more and better innovation.It is not a case of ‘if’ the need for change ar
Apprentices are in high demand – research by Barclays shows that £4.4bn would be injected into the UK economy if more businesses employed them. Thales UK is a proud member of The 5% Club which is focused on creating momentum behind the recruitment of apprentices and graduates into the workforce.
As part of Thales UK’s commitment to nurturing raw