The Learning Challenge – Rachel Kay & Tobias Kiefer at Learning Technologies 2017
At the beginning of February our MD, Rachel Kay, was invited to speak at the annual Learning Technologies conference; one of the most well regarded events in the L&D calendar. Taking to the stage alongside Tobias Kiefer, Global Learning Leader at EY, they explore the ‘Learning Challenge’, each looking at a different aspect of this topic. Tobias explored what the future of learning will look like for L&D teams looking at issues such as:
- Creating an effective learning ecosystem
- Using our increased knowledge of how we learn
- Balancing top-down and bottom-up approaches
- What we must learn in the future (it may not be what you expect)
- The technologies to support future learning
And Rachel considered what the role of the learner in the future will look like, asking questions around:
- Is it ok to expect that learning be done outside office hours?
- Can you track this learning? Should you?
- Will learning become consumer led? If so, what are the implications?
- Is ‘lifelong learning’ a behaviour or attitude?
- Where are the boundaries and benefits of professional and personal development?
You can watch their talk below: