Primavera P6 and PRA Features and Benefits Guide
This informative guide will provide you with the valuable information the features and benefits of Primavera P6 and PRA.
Primavera Enterprise Project Management (P6)
This offers a comprehensive project management toolset for the effective management of projects, providing the ability to plan and resource multi-level projects using an enterprise project structure. The tools integrated within the package make it easier to handle and track large projects. Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Management (P6) enables users to:
- Effectively resource, plan and track multiple projects within timelines.
- Use shared resources and review and adjust resource loading across multiple projects.
- Plan and schedule complex projects and programmes of up to 100,000 activities.
- Group projects together for easier project viewing and navigation using Project Portfolios.
- Use criteria to track potential problems with projects using the Thresholds tool.
- Add and track expenses against activities.
- Add Work Products and Documents against Projects, WBS elements or activities.
- Use workload graphs to track overloads and view resource profiling across multiple projects.
- Easily import and export from Primavera and other formats.
- Easily export schedules to Primavera Risk Analysis (Pertmaster) to perform schedule and risk analysis, and feed three point estimates back into Primavera Project Management schedules.
- Perform what-if analysis and investigate alternative plans.
Primavera Risk Analysis (Pertmaster)
This is a full life cycle risk analytics solution that integrates cost and schedule risk management. It provides a comprehensive means of determining confidence levels for project success, together with quick and easy techniques for working out contingency and risk response plans. Primavera Risk Analysis (Pertmaster) includes both schedule risk and risk register features.
Primavera PRA can be fully integrated with Primavera software such as P6 and P3, as well as with Microsoft Project and Microsoft EPM/Project Server.
The Primavera PRA tool enables users to:
- Identify common scheduling pitfalls that may result in misleading schedule or risk analysis results.
- Integrate pre-developed risk registers and define new risk registers.
- Address full life cycle risk management through advanced Monte Carlo-based cost and schedule analytics.
- Report confidence levels with regard to finish dates, costs, float, internal rate of return and net present value.
- Use the schedule check facility for testing schedule integrity, including constraints, open-ended tasks and lags.
- Apply uncertainty risk distributions using a number of three-point estimate loading facilities.
- Export three-point estimates to schedules and import schedules with three- point estimates.
- Use the risk register to provide risk response planning through mitigation plan scenarios, which offers real-time risk distribution overlays within the Gantt chart.
- Determine confidence levels and proposal schedules, identify key risk drivers and analyse what-if scenarios on cost and schedule change