Is it right for me?
This course is aimed at experienced users of Excel who need to get more out of the new Power BI tools available to support in more effective business analytics and creating dashboards for easy to read summary information.
This course is only available in Excel 2013 and 2016. Although some of the tools can be downloaded for Excel 2010 it will not give you the full functionality.
What will I get out of it?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Create a data model in Excel
- Create a data model in PowerPivot
- Import or link data from multiple cources
- Format and transform data ready to use in PowerPivot using Power Query/Get & Transform
- Use the DAX function used in PowerPivot
- Create calculated calumns, measures, hierarchies and KIPs
- Use data functions
- Use PowerView and 3-D maps in Excel
- Use the Power BI Desktop application