For anyone working with lots of data – particularly those who need to easily cross-reference different sets of data – the ability to use functions such as VLOOKUP in Microsoft Excel is absolutely essential.
We show you all the basics of the LOOKUP, VLOOKUP, and HLOOKUP functions, showing you how they work, their limitations, and how you can make them work for you. Learners are encouraged to participate in the session by asking questions, and we’ll be here to give you support via telephone, email or Twitter for 90 days after the programme finishes.
Is it right for me?
What will I get out of it?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- How the LOOKUP function works and what its limitations are
- How to write a basic VLOOKUP function to find related information within the same worksheet
- The difference between near and exact matches in your searches
- The limitations of the VLOOKUP function
- How to build a VLOOKUP function working between different worksheets and workbooks
- How to use the HLOOKUP function