This course provides the skills and knowledge to use a wide range of Unix/Linux graphic and command line tools. It is suitable for IT professionals who want to gain an in-depth knowledge of the Unix/Linux operating system and could be the first step in becoming a Unix/Linux Administrator, developer or support specialist.
This course expects no prior knowledge of Unix or Linux. Delegates must be computer literate and familiar with the basic usage of an operating system.
Is it right for me?
What will I get out of it?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Create, edit, copy, move, search, delete and navigate Unix files and directories
- Limit access within the file system by controlling permissions and ownership
- Make effective use of the command line by using commands in combination and by stream redirection.
- Manage processes and jobs.
- Interrogate the system for information.
- Tailor your environment to suit your needs.