Microsoft’s Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) is a powerful tool when used in conjunction with Excel – enabling you to get so much more out of the software.
We show you structures, syntax, and coding standards, providing you with the fundamental technical skills you need in order to competently create code in VBA.
Is it right for me?
Our VBA in Excel Part 1 course is an introduction to Visual Basic programming in Excel and looks at structures, syntax and coding standards.
This course is designed for existing experienced users of Excel. You must be confident creating and manipulating Excel spreadsheets and creating formulas before attending this course. You must be able to record and run macros.
Previous programming experience would be an advantage.
What will I get out of it?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Write Visual Basic procedures
- Use the Excel Data Model to manipulate data on worksheets
- Store data using variables and constants
- Automatically run code when events occur, such as opening a workbook or pressing a button
- Code user forms for use within workbooks