When it comes to planning and control in project management, earned value management (EVM) is an extremely effective technique for objectively measuring project performance and progress.
Through a combination of interactive sessions and practical exercises, we cover everything from looking at why projects fail, to the principles and uses of EVM and how it can help prevent that failure.
Is it right for me?
If you’re a project management professional or business manager who wants to implement earned value management, or a work package manager who needs to report using earned value, this project management training course will provide you with the relevant skills and knowledge.
What will I get out of it?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the principles of earned value management
- State the principles for organising and planning a project to use earned value management
- Interpret earned value management reports and charts
- Perform variance analysis using earned value data
- Identify earned value trends and their significance
- Perform exception analysis down to work package level
- Plan actions based on the evidence of earned value data