This accredited course supports and provides guidance based on the publication of, the Association for Project Management (APM) guide, ‘Planning, Scheduling, Monitoring and Control – The Practical Project Management of Time, Cost and Risk.’
The training and certification will equip project planners with the tools needed to be effective and to demonstrate their competence in a competitive marketplace. You will also prepare for and sit the PPC Foundation and Practitioner examinations
Is it right for me?
This qualification is primarily aimed at Planning Managers and Engineers, Project Control Managers and Engineers but would also benefit Cost Engineers and Project Managers.
It is recommended for the Practitioner qualification that you have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a planning and monitoring role.
What will I get out of it?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Give a step by step controls guide from project initiation to execution
- Provide a holistic overview of the interdependencies between planning and controls functions
- Be a practical and scalable companion to almost any project controls professional
- Enable effective capability growth for delivery organizations
- Apply the approaches and key products used to gain a clear definition of a project
- Apply the approaches and techniques used to plan and close a project
- Use effective scheduling techniques
- Manage risk in the planning, execution and evaluation of a project
- Implement the practices used for rigorous monitoring to enable proactive control of the project
Project Planning and Control™ Foundation and Practitioner Examinations
The Foundation Exam is a closed book paper of 40 minutes duration and consists of 50 multiple choice questions. A Pass is 25 correct answers. The exams are marked by the trainer immediately following the exam and the results are available within an hour.
The Practitioner Exam is a complex multiple choice, open book paper of 3 hours duration. There are 8 Objective Test style questions to be answered in the 3 hours and the candidate may use an annotated manual. Each question is worth 10 marks and the candidate must score 40/80 to be successful.
Please note that examinations are the responsibility of the examination board, APMG
APMG International Project Planning & Control is a trademark of The APM Group Limited, All rights reserved. The Courses on this page are offered by Thales Learning and Development, an Affiliate of Aims4Change, an Accredited Training Organisation of The APM Group Ltd. The APMG International Project Planning & Control and Swirl Device is a trademark of The APM Group Limited, used under permission of The APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.