The ability to run projects professionally is a valuable life skill that can dramatically enhance your career and opportunities. Effective project managers are worth their weight in gold, and it all starts with learning the fundamental principles of the profession.
Taking a pragmatic approach, this course focusses on using a structured project methodology in areas of complexity and uncertainty, particularly where projects involve influencing stakeholders, dealing with cross-functional project teams and handling contractor relationships.
Is it right for me?
If you are already involved in running projects, or you are about to be, this course will give you the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in your role.
What will I get out of it?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify the key issues raised in managing projects
- State the life cycle of a project from commissioning to completion and identify the requirements at each stage
- Use a range of decision making processes to identify the requirements at each stage
- Identify issues affecting the project and clarify terms of reference
- Identify and effectively influence key stakeholders and others involved in or affected by the project
- Develop robust project briefs incorporating measurable objectives
- Use a range of approaches for estimating
- Set and Manage project budgets
- Develop and manage project plans and identify preventative and contingent action
- Plan projects effectively using GANTT
- Develop effective reporting and tracking processes
- Monitor project implementation and manage changes
- Manage contractor relationships effectively
- Evaluate project performance and apply learning to future projects