NAF 4 (NATO Architectural Framework version 4)
NAF 4 is the latest version of the NATO Architectural Framework which is replacing NAF 3 and the MODAF (Ministry of Defence Architecture Framework) by the end of 2016.
NAF V 4.0 has significant changes over both previous frameworks including the introduction of a methodology to build architectures and a “palette” of views.
The course will take the delegates through the basics of architecture, explain the rationale behind NAF V4.0, describes the components of NAF V4.0 and tackles how to apply NAF V4.0 for common problems.
Companies working on defence contracts that have to deliver architecture products will be expected to deliver them in compliance with NAF 4, it is a mandatory requirement for the development of architecture products in the MoD and will be widely used across NATO countries. It addresses some of the known shortcomings of previous frameworks and offers a more comprehensive approach to architecture development.
Course delivery style is facilitatative and utilises a team-based Case Study, multiple exercises, videos and games to ensure maximum delegate participation with the added benefits that hands-on participative learning brings.
Where will this course be held?
Our courses are typically held at our dedicated Learning Centre in Crawley, West Sussex, near to London Gatwick Airport however we will also be holding the course at venues in London, Manchester and Bristol. When you book this course, please specify your preferred location on the booking form in the special instructions box.
Who should attend this course?
Civil servants and military personnel working in Defence Acquisition for MOD, International projects or other national defence organisations. Engineers and managers from suppliers involved in defence projects and those who have an interest in Architecture Frameworks or NAF outside of defence including:
- Project managers who need to understand the impact of Architecture on their projects
- System Architects
- Enterprise architects
- System engineers
- Business/Systems Analysts
What will I get out of it?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand key architectural concepts and how they are applied
- Describe the components that make a good architecture Framework
- Explain the differences between the NAF V4.0 and its predecessors.
- Understand the NAF V4.0 governance structure
- Gain experience in the use and interpretation NAF V4.0 compliant products and architectures. » Understand the differing styles of architecture
- Have insight in to the relationship between NAF V4.0 and NATO C3 taxonomy