Consistency of data is important, so when other people are inputting information into your Excel worksheet you need to be able to control the way in which the data is entered.
We show you all the basic data validation techniques, giving you the ability to create and link drop down lists, and control data entry through a set of rules. Learners are encouraged to participate in the session by asking questions, and we’ll be here to give you support via telephone, email or Twitter for 90 days after the programme finishes.
Is it right for me?
What will I get out of it?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Apply rules directly to cells to control data input
- Create drop down lists in cells to restrict data entry options
- Set up rules making cell values dependent on values in other cells
- Display user tips
- Warn or prevent users from entering invalid data
- Create lists that change according to data in another cell