Is it right for me?
This blended learning programme is for newly appointed managers, or those who want to improve their existing skills through formal learning.
We cover the fundamental principles of people management – from dealing with different types of people to planning, scheduling and problem solving – using a variety of learning methods and a flexible approach.
You’ll also have the opportunity to complete an assessment for an ILM L3 Award in Leadership and Management.
What will I get out of it?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify the role and responsibilities of a line manager
- Identify leadership styles and when it’s appropriate to use them
- Employ effective interpersonal skills
- Plan, prioritise and schedule work in a time-efficient way
- Delegate effectively using key principles
- Explain how to effectively lead and motivate teams and individuals
- Plan and prepare for induction, training and interviewing staff
- Identify with the need to manage change within the workplace
- Use techniques to tackle decision making and problem solving