The underlying best-practices of project management should be applied to every project, irrespective of size or complexity.
Through a ‘hands on’, workshop-style session, we show you everything you need to know in order to run or contribute to a successful project – from looking at the project life cycle, to planning, tracking, updating and reviewing.
Is it right for me?
This course is aimed at those who are not actually Project Managers but who want to learn how to better apply project management techniques to manage small business as usual projects.
If you need to implement a number of tasks or a small project from start to end, this course looks at the benefits of managing them as a project. The course looks at the project lifecycle and how to apply best practice throughout.
This ‘hands on’ workshop style session will show you everything you need to know in order to run or contribute to a successful small project.
What will I get out of it?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Confidently use typical project management language and terminology
- Use a project life cycle from start to finish, to make managing the project more straightforward and easily understood
- Identify key stakeholders on the project
- Develop robust project briefs incorporating measurable objectives
- Understand and use a range of approaches for estimating task durations
- Develop and manage effective risk management and identify preventative and contingent action
- Develop effective project tracking processes
- Evaluate project performance and apply learning for the future