Successfully identifying and managing risks is vital to the success of any project, large or small, complex or straightforward. The focus should not just be on minimising or eliminating threats, but should also look at increasing opportunities for maximum gain to the project or organisation.
Through a highly interactive and practical workshop, we show you all the essential principles and techniques involved in project risk management. The session includes presentations, demonstrations, and group exercises surrounding a realistic case study.
Is it right for me?
If you are in any project-based role and need to contribute to risk-management more effectively, this training course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to proactively manage risk throughout the project lifecycle.
The programme also provides a foundation for follow-up workshops, leading to the APM Risk levels 1 and 2 qualifications.
What will I get out of it?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe success factors and benefits arising from effective risk management
- Explain human behaviour factors affecting risk management
- Establish the project context and conduct an initial risk assessment
- Define an appropriate strategy and produce a risk management plan
- Define risk identification strategies and apply appropriate identification methods
- Identify and record important risk information including ownership
- Establish risk probability and impact levels; produce probability impact charts and severity time charts
- Establish exposure levels and contingency requirements
- Explain the principles of quantitative analysis
- Define and evaluate response options
- Implement effective risk management process control